Serves 10 people
- 1 litre boiling water + 1 cup of cold water
- 2 teaspoons of loose green tea
Allow tea leaves to infuse for 5 minutes, then strain. ( I have a tea-leaf capsule into which I put the tea. Then after 5 minutes I remove it from the water. Extremely useful if traveling).
- 1 cup grape juice
- Juice of one large orange
- Large piece of ginger peeled and cut in 4
- Large orange sliced and pierced with cloves.
- 2 large pieces of cinnamon bark.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional, but kids love it!)
- Fresh mint (if serving chilled)
You can warm this up gently in a large saucepan and serve, as in the picture, or let it cool and serve with ice and fresh mint. Enjoy!
This is a great drink during the colder months to help prevent viral and bacterial infections. Although still scientifically disputed, Cinnamon can make some people feel full quicker and therefore less likely to overeat.
For more ideas and great recipes to keep you feeling hydrated scroll down...